Blog Archive

Followers

Sunday 18 September 2016

Pi Pie Run!

I'm back from spending the weekend with my family in Ontario! I don't often visit on 2 day weekends because it is a long drive for a quick visit, but this weekend was a special one. It was my hometown's 2nd Annual Pi Run! Run 3.14 miles and get a homemade apple pie! It is a nice fundraiser for the community. There are about 200 people who live in/around town and there were 97 participants this year! Not too shabby of a turnout! The word is spreading and people from other communities are already planning on participating next year!

I love my little community! It is important to me to still be connected to where I grew up and continue to support the place that helped shape who I am as a person.

Room 123 was impressed that I was going to get a pie at the end of this run! Maybe I should've taken a picture of us eating the dessert we earned!
My 3 year old nephew crossing the finish line!
Post run sweaty selfie!
After the race! From Left to Right: My mom, (myself), my nephew, my sister, my niece and my brother in law!



No comments:

Post a Comment